FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
NEED HELP SIGNING UP?
Creating a BADaaS account is free and easy.
- Go to badaas.tresata.com and click Sign Up.
- Open the activation email from email@example.com, and click the ‘confirm email’ to activate your account.
- Return to BADaaS and login.
Note: If you do not receive your activation email after a few minutes, please check your spam folder. Otherwise, contact BADaaS support .
WHO IS A BAD ACTOR?
Only entities officially sanctioned by OFAC, the United Nations Security Council, the EU, or the UK are flagged as bad actors in the app. Tresata does not use algorithms to impute who may or may not be a bad actor.
WHAT DOES A ‘PATH TO BAD ACTOR’ IMPLY?
Any entities with possible connections 1,2,3, or nth degree away from a known bad actor will be shown as a path to a bad actor.
– Icon indicates a path to a bad actor exists.
WHAT CAN I SEARCH FOR?
Using BADaaS, you can search for an entity, company or address across sources such as company registries, offshore leaks and sanction lists.
IN SEARCH RESULTS, HOW DO I DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN A BAD ACTOR, NON BAD ACTOR, ENTITY CONNECTED TO A BAD ACTOR?
Red: Entity is a known Sanctioned entity
Gray: Entity is not a known Sanctioned entity
BADaaS Logo displayed: The entity has a path to a known Sanctioned entity
HOW DO I FIND THE BAD ACTOR PATH?
- Any search result with the indicates the entity has a potential path to a bad actor
- Select a search result with the
- In the network view, click the red Bad Actor Path button on the top right of the screen to display all bad actor connections
- Sanctioned bad actors are indicated by a red colored node in the network