WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
A Data Engineering Manager (“DEM”) is responsible for leading and developing Client Data Engineers, defining and implementing data engineering standards, and ensuring the successful delivery of Tresata software. A DEM’s primary objective is to lead and develop our Data Engineers, but you should expect to contribute and lead client interactions when needed.
As a DEM, you will lead and manage the development of Client Data Engineers by providing strategic guidance, direction, and critical feedback… drive optimal implementation of Tresata software and consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results company-wide… lead teams in overcoming strategic obstacles with expert business acumen… and own the success of building and developing our Client Data Engineering team as measured by high performing teams, retention, and growth in talent.
This role requires you to practice empathy, provide thought leadership, coach team members, and strive for excellence in delivering value for our clients. You will also be expected to participate in select projects to sharpen your technical skills and business acumen as it relates to Tresata software implementations.
The most critical skill for success in this role is the ability to solve complex, sometimes unprecedented, problems. At Tresata, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems with our software so this role is not for the faint of heart.
As a DEM, you will do the following specific tasks:
- Manage five or more direct reports successfully with an emphasis in maximizing performance and growth
- Implement measures to assess the performance and effectiveness of Data Engineering teams to identify gaps and continuously improve
- Provide strategic guidance and feedback for employee development
- Regularly suggest and contribute to improving Delivery processes and routines
- Contribute to strategic conversations with internal and external stakeholders and maximize client value
- Drive engineering best practices and standards to optimize Tresata software implementations
WHAT SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE YOU NEED TO BRING?
- 4+ years experience in leading, hiring, and managing technical teams
- Strong familiarity with Data Engineering practices and industry technologies
- Industry expertise in end-to-end software development and or implementations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
- Strong experience in working with and servicing clients
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and problem solving skills
MORE TO KNOW
- Working From: Remote/ Hybrid position
- Locations include: North Carolina, New York, India
- Travel: As needed
- Manager of Others: Yes
- Physical Requirements: Prolonged sitting/standing and computer use and ability to lift/carry up to 20 lbs
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.
WHY WORK AT TRESATA?
We’re a fast-growing intelligence software company and one of the few in the world using machine learning and data to solve some of the most audacious of human challenges. We are a hungry, hard-working team of brilliant minds, innovators, and life-long learners.
We provide an entrepreneurial atmosphere that celebrates boldness of thought and tenacity of spirit, that rewards true skill, and is focused on building exceptional products for our customers.
We actively invest in our people, their ideas, and their potential. We fundamentally believe that our differences strengthen us and our mission – to Enrich Life – unifies us as a team.
Tresata is the kind of company that makes you look twice. If you give back more than you give in…if you live to crack the hardest codes…if you believe in data lies the power to enrich life…then Tresata is for you.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.