PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
Tresata values your preferences concerning the treatment of PI that we may collect. The purpose of this Policy (“Policy”) is to let you know how we collect and use your PI, how you can control its use, & describes our practices regarding any information collected from the different Tresata sites that link or refer to this Policy (such as our websites, computer or mobile software apps, social media pages and HTML-formatted email messages), as well as through offline sales & marketing activities (collectively, the “Channels”).
TYPE OF DATA WE COLLECT
Through your interaction with & use of the Channels, Tresata may collect Personal Information (PI), which is defined as information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. PI may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name, physical address, email address(es), telephone numbers
- Behavioral or demographic attributes, when tied to other personal identifiers
- Historical transactional behavior
- Information obtained from third parties relating to your interests
- Information about your company, such as the name, size, location of your company and your role within the company
Tresata may also collect Other Information (OI) through your interaction with & use of the Channels & non-Tresata websites, which does not reveal your specific identity & does not directly relate to an individual. OI may include, but is not limited to:
- Unique IDs such as a cookie placed on your computer, mobile or device IDs
- Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) & information derived from your IP address, such as your geographic location
- Information about your devices such as information contained in HTTP Headers (defined below) or other internet transfer protocol signals, browser or device type and version, operating system, user-agent strings and information about or from the presence or use of “apps” on your mobile devices, screen resolution, & your preferred language
- Behavioral data about your usage of the Channels, such as webpages clicked, websites & content areas visited, date and time of activities
- The web search you used to locate & navigate to the Channels
NOTE: In some instances, we may combine OI with PI, such as deriving geographical location from your IP address & combining behavioral data about your usage of the Channels with your name. If we combine OI with PI, we will treat the combined information as PI.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Tresata & our third-party service providers may collect both PI and OI from a variety of sources that generally fall into three categories:
- Direct Interactions – from your use of & interaction with us through the Channels and other activities such as account creation, submission of registrations and forms, or sales inquiries & transactions.
- Publicly Available Data / Data from Third Parties – data from Automated Interactions on non-Tresata websites, or other data you may have made publicly available, such as social media posts, or data provided by third party sources, such as marketing opt-in lists, or data aggregators.
- Automated Interactions – from the use of technologies such as electronic communication protocols, cookies, embedded URLs or pixels, or widgets, buttons & tools.
Although Tresata’s use of Automated Interactions may change over time as technology evolves, the following descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about Tresata’s current approach to information collected from Automated Interactions:
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION PROTOCOLS
As is true when you visit most websites and apps, Tresata may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself, which often consists of network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type or device type), your IP address (which may identify your general geographic location or company), and date and time.
Tresata may also automatically receive and record information about your interaction with the Channels, such as clickstream information (when each Tresata webpage was visited and how much time was spent on the page), how often you access the Channel, performance data, aggregate usage, or general geo-location data.
Tresata’s server has the ability to query your browser to see if there are “cookies” previously set by our electronic Channels. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web server to store on a Web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. Cookies may collect information, including a unique identifier, user preferences, profile information, membership information, and general usage and volume statistical information.
Cookies may also be used to collect individualized website use data, provide electronic Channel personalization, or conduct and measure the effectiveness of advertising in accordance with this Policy. Some cookies may remain on users’ computers after they leave the website. While the majority are set to expire within 1-24 months of your last visit to the website that set the cookie, others may not expire because of their nature, like cookies that remember opt-out preferences.
Your browser may provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your browser to alert you when a cookie is being used and accept or reject the cookie. You can also set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion. Cookies, however, are important to the proper functioning of a site, and disabling them may degrade your experience and interfere with website features and customizations.
- Managing Cookie Preferences
You may access or change your cookie preferences at any time. If you have any problems using this cookie preference mechanism, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Embedded URLs
Tresata may use a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow use of the electronic Channels without cookies. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the electronic Channels, but are not associated with PI and are not used beyond the session.
- Widgets, buttons, & tools
Our electronic Channels may include widgets, which are interactive mini-programs that run on our site to provide specific services from another company (e.g., links to bookmarked sites), along with buttons or other tools that link to other companies’ services (e.g., a “Like” button or third-party map). The widget, button or tool may collect and automatically send PI, such as your e-mail address, or OI, such as your browser information, or IP address, to a third party.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Tresata uses the PI it collects (unless otherwise restricted by applicable law) to:
- Engage in Conversations – Tresata may use PI to engage in conversations with you.
- Provide Support or Other Services – Tresata may use your PI to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches, fixes & other similar operational communications.
- Tailor Marketing to Your Needs – Tresata may use your PI & OI to notify you about new product releases and service developments, & to advertise Tresata’s products and services in accordance with this Policy.
Your website visits, marketing experience, & communications may be tailored to your interests based on your PI. Tresata may pass your contact information to the appropriate Tresata distributor or reseller for further follow-ups related to your interests.
In addition, Tresata may share your PI to specific partners that offer complementary products & services. OI uses specified above are not mandatory & may be controlled by you. Please refer to the “Privacy Choices” section below for opt-out options.
- Respond to Your Requests – Tresata may also use PI in order to respond directly to your information requests (including marketing materials or other specific requests) or other inquiries.
- Provide Tresata Online Communities – Some Channels permit you to: participate in interactive discussions; create a profile; post comments, opportunities or other content; communicate directly with another user; or otherwise engage in networking activities. Some of these services are moderated & all may be accessed for technical reasons.
Tresata does not control the content that users post to these forums or social networks. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit PI to these forums or social networks & whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, & you should tailor any content you submit appropriately. You should also review any additional terms & conditions that may govern your use of these Channels.
To manage or remove your PI from our online communities, please fill out a request form. If we are not able to remove your PI, we will let you know.
- Post Testimonials – We have the ability to post testimonials on our Channels that may contain PI. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name & testimonial.
If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact email@example.com, & be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Administer Product Downloads and Licensing Compliance – If you download products from our Channels, Tresata uses PI to: confirm certain information about your order (for example, that you did not experience problems in the download process); discuss the downloaded products; or provide marketing or sales information about related products and services.
- Select Content, Improve Quality and Facilitate Use of the Channels – Tresata may use your PI to help create & personalize content on our Channels, facilitate your use of the Channels (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, keep track of shopping cart additions & preserve order information between sessions), improve quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness (including online advertising & email marketing), & evaluate page response rates.
- Provide Various Tresata Communities / Partners, with Relevant Product Alerts and Updates – If you sign up for a Tresata community or program (e.g., HackathonCLT, Charlotte Hadoop User Group, Tresata social networks, tresata.com), Tresata will provide you information regarding your expressed interests, such as new product releases, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers & associated campaigns.
- Joint Sales or Product Promotions – Tresata and its partners may engage in joint sales or product promotions. Both Tresata & the partner(s) will have access to your PI, and either Tresata or our partners may provide you with the sales or product promotion information.
Each party will be responsible for managing their own use of the PI collected for the joint sale or product promotion. We recommend you review the privacy policies of these partners to address any questions you have regarding their handling of your information.
- Improve Products, Services, and Experiences – Tresata may use your PI to evaluate & improve our products, services, marketing, & customer relationships.
- Communicate with You about a Conference or Event – We or our partners may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by Tresata or one of our partners. This may include information about the event’s content, logistics, payment, updates, & any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to your event registration.
After the event, Tresata may contact you about the event and related products and services, & may share information about your attendance with your company.
Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request your PI at their conference booths or presentations. You should review their privacy policies to learn how they use PI.
- Obtain Third Party Services – We also share PI and OI with third parties who provide services to Tresata, such as analytics, event / campaign management, website management, information technology & related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services. When Tresata shares PI with third party service providers, we require that they use your PI and OI only for the purpose of providing services to us and subject to terms consistent with this Policy.
- Protect our Employees, Sites, Facilities, and Operations – Tresata may disclose your PI as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to protect the health & safety of our employees and visitors, our physical & online operations, our property, rights, & privacy, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others. If you visit our offices, you may be photographed or videotaped as part of maintaining the security of our facilities. Facility security photography will be treated as sensitive information & will only be used for security & investigation purposes.
- Comply with Legal Requirements and Corporate Transactions
Tresata may disclose your PI as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence
- comply with legal process
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public & government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes
- to enforce our terms & conditions
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer the PI we have collected to the relevant third party.
NOTE: Some of the PI & OI uses specified above are not mandatory & may be controlled by you. Please refer to the “Privacy Choices” section below.
We may use, transfer, and disclose OI we collect for any purpose, except where applicable law requires otherwise. If we are required to treat OI as PI under applicable law, then we will only use it in the same way that we are permitted to use and disclose PI.
A list of your current Privacy Choices is listed below:
Tresata enables you to opt out of marketing communications by using our general unsubscribe automated link that is included in Tresata marketing e-mails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find out how to automatically unsubscribe from email communications, as well as how to submit requests to opt-out from marketing communications, by contacting email@example.com.
Some non-marketing communications are not subject to general opt-out, such as communications related to product download, sales transactions, software updates & other support related information, patches & fixes, conferences or events for which you have registered, disclosures to comply with legal requirements, & (where permitted by law) quality assurance surveys. Some additional communications with partners are also not subject to general-opt out, including product alerts, updates, contractual marketing and sales materials, & other notices related to partner status.
You can decide to not enable cookies while using the Tresata websites. Deleting or disabling cookies may impact site performance.
There are limitations to opting out of sharing with third parties in the case of:
- joint sales or joint events
- where the customer has requested follow-up, which involves Tresata partners
- where third parties are required to accomplish the transaction or to perform the service
- where required by law
ACCESS, CORRECTION, AND PROFILE UPDATES
You may request to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify any of your PI that you have previously provided to us through the Channels, or object to the use or processing of such PI by us.
If you have privacy concerns regarding access to or the correction of your PI, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please make clear what PI you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your PI that you have provided to us suppressed from our records or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your PI that you have provided to us.
NOTE: While the majority of questions and issues related to access can be handled quickly, complex requests may take more research and time. In such cases, issues will be addressed, or you will be contacted regarding the nature of the problem and appropriate next steps, within thirty days.
RETENTION AND DELETION
Tresata will retain your PI, as needed, to provide you products or services; as needed for the purposes outlined in this policy or at the time of collection; as necessary to comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to honor opt-outs), resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; or to the extent permitted by law.
At the end of the retention period, Tresata will delete your PI in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
The security of your PI is very important to Tresata. We use physical, electronic, & administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your PI from loss, misuse & unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration & destruction.
If an issue arises, Tresata will give you notice promptly, by email consistent with the reasonable needs of law enforcement and/or Tresata to determine the scope of the breach & to investigate and restore the integrity of the data system.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The use of Tresata Sites and content is at your own risk.
When using our Sites, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control & jurisdiction of Tresata or its suppliers. Accordingly, neither Tresata nor its suppliers assume any liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other Content transmitted in connection with use of the Sites.
TRESATA SITES & CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. TRESATA, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF, ITS AFFILIATES & RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE CONTENT WILL BE COMPLETE OR ACCURATE.
Without limiting the foregoing, Tresata makes no representations or warranties about the following:
- The reliability, correctness or timeliness of Content, software, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the Sites.
- The satisfaction of any approval or compliance of any software tools with regard to the Content contained on the Sites.
To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, neither Tresata, nor its affiliates or respective suppliers of content or products or services through our Sites will be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use of or inability to use the Sites or the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory, & whether or not COMPANY or any third parties mentioned on the Sites are advised of the possibility of such damages. Tresata or any third parties mentioned on the Sites shall be liable only to the extent of actual damages incurred by you, not to exceed U.S. $1,000. Tresata or any third parties mentioned on our Sites are not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your use or misuse of the Sites or content. Any claims arising in connection with your use of the Sites or any related content must be brought within one year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred. Remedies under these Terms are exclusive & are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms.
If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with this policy, you should first contact us. We will investigate & attempt to resolve complaints & disputes regarding use & disclosure of your PI in accordance with this policy.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact email@example.com.
We ask that you not send us, & you not share any sensitive PI (e.g., government-issued or financial account numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, criminal background or trade union membership).
As a company focused on serving the needs of businesses, Tresata’s Sites & Channels are not directed to minors & Tresata does not promote or market its services to minors, except as part of specific educational outreach programs with parental permission.
If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected PI of a minor through our Channels without appropriate consent, please notify us through firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may immediately delete the information from our servers & make any other necessary corrections.
Additionally, please use email@example.com to request removal of content or information that was posted to our channels when the registered user was under the age of 18.
NOTE: such requests may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
If you believe your PI has been used in a way that is not consistent with this Policy or your specified preferences, or if you have further questions related to this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.